QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
YILDIRIM Group is a family-owned business, headquartered in Turkey (Istanbul/ Maslak/ Yıldırım Tower), with operations in more than 50 countries and 10 sectors – ranging from metals & mining, coal & coke, energy, fertilizers & chemicals, to port management, logistics, shipping, shipbuilding, industrial construction, and real estate development.
For our growing organization, we are looking for ‘Mergers and Acquisitions Specialist' to be based in Headquarter Corporate Finance Department.
What are we looking for in Mergers and Acquisitions Specialist?
• University degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related fields from a reputable university,
• Having minimum 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably in Big 4 companies, consulting, international finance corporations (e.g. IFC, EBRD, development banks etc.), or investment banking.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (oral and written) in both English and Turkish or any language,
• Having global M&A knowledge, good business understanding, problem-solving skills, and business intuition,
• Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas,
• Strong analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills,
• Ability to work well within a team,
• Ability to operate with a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality,
• Ability to comfortably manage multiple projects simultaneously in highly dynamic environment,
• No military obligation for male candidates,
• No travel restrictions.
Specifically, you will be:
• Managing projects and process in M&A deals,
• Actively participating in due-diligence processes for acquisitions and providing key inputs to relevant acquisitions agreements,
• Conducting sector research for M&As and documentation such as information memorandum, teaser, management presentation, etc. preperation for spin-off projects, making contact with strategic partners/divisions,
• Researching and assisting in the tax structuring for new acquisitions,
• Actively participating and assisting SPA, SHA and other relevant agreement negotiations,
• Assisting in identifying risks and issues related to strategic and integration planning, timelines, and functional areas,
• Participating in tender processes of opportunities located in Turkey or abroad,
• Analyzing financial and operational data of a wide range of companies,
• Assisting in the review of assigning a value to target companies based on asset work and the comparable worth of similar companies,