QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
HEAD OF BUSINESS OPERATIONS FOR HUAWEI VIDEO Turkey
Roles and responsibilities
· Ultimate responsible of the business results of Huawei Video in the country, across all Huawei Mobile Service KPIs: New users, MAUs, revenue, engagement.
· Define local content strategy: bring new CPs, remove underperforming CPs, help defining content genres (categories) and organization of content in the categories, manage store assets based on the agreements with CPs (where refresh and flexibility conditions apply) and BI/analytics. This is equivalent to define Content&User&Marketing Strategy for Huawei Video in his country, along with market research.
· Define/control the content programming (when/how/from whom) the content is coming to refresh the service
· Responsible for the optimal usage of the content budget for the country, maximizing the amount and quality of contents with the allocated budget, always subject to approval by Huawei Mobile Services Management. This includes also the negotiation for the next year’s budget per CP/Category/Content type for content based on the result from previous year and the market situation.
· Work closely with the BD team for content rights negotiation with local CPs.
· Help defining and monitor the execution and performance of all marketing actions with CPs and local marketing teams for Devices in collaboration with Huawei Mobile services Marketing team, in the correspondent country. Examples of actions: sponsorships of Video events, co-announcements with CPs of new contents being released, negotiate some exclusive rights, cross-promotion with other Consumer Cloud Services (Themes, Music…).
· Define and coordinate with the user management protocol to boost user growth, loyalty, upselling, reactivate dormant users,
or and to win-back lost customers. This involves analyzing customer data, running market surveys, attending messages in social networks and taking actions for each topic. For example, highlight the content for email campaigns to gain new users, to retain users…
· Manage the tone of voice and the editorial promotion of content on a monthly basis
· Identify critical content operations support actions (local partner for editorial support, metadata enhancement...) and subtitle/dubbing,
if when needed
· Exchange regularly information/insights about content performance with each CP to improve the collaboration and the attractiveness of the contents to increase consumption
· Discuss with Product Team about new features to be included in the product to increase customer engagement with the contents and the service. For example, quality of the video experience, how to include automatic content recommendations, cross-content references, aggregation of 3rd party content services, content information presentation on screen, support of Live events, vouchers to exchange for content, VR/AR content (mid-term)…
· Define the Analytics needs for the correct performance tracking of the service, working closely with the Huawei Mobile Service BI team. Receive and request Analytics from the BI Team to support business decision such as to track content consumption, user preferences, results of marketing campaigns, content and user segmentations...
· Exchange best practices with other Head of Business Operations in other countries and with BD team
· Participate in discussions with legal teams with CPs, Collective Rights entities and new regulations coming from EU or local about contents.
Background and previous experience
· 3+ years in the TV industry in content negotiation, content dynamization, content production or marketing in either Content producers, content distributors or PayTV/OTT service providers
· Working experience in the local market TV/Video industry
· Desirable to have background on product definition/management to maximize the performance of the contents by the way they are presented to end-users.
· Knowledge about main trends for user consumption, able to benchmark other competitors
· Relevant network of contacts in the TV/Video industry to access information and strategies of other players.
· Experience with Video Data Analytics: able to define metrics, throw hypothesis to Analytics team to validate, track, analyze audience data and take conclusions for content strategy/negotiation, user growth and marketing.
· Good negotiator of content and able to create a partnership climate with main CPs at local level (frequent meetings and follow-ups)
· Fluent in English and native local language. Chinese language would be a plus
· Bachelor degree or above
· Working time: 5/2 since 8:00 a.m. to 17.00 p.m
· Opportunity for professional growth and career development
· Competitive salary
Working location: Istanbul
Notice: Applicants must be eligible to work in Turkey, Huawei cannot currently sponsor any work permit applications.