GENEL NİTELİKLER VE İŞ TANIMI
Trial Officer (multi-crop) Turkey
The objective of this position is to ensure the R&D trial network in Turkey. The trial officer will support the coordination and implementation of a multi-crop (tomato, cucumber, pepper, melon, watermelon, cabbage) R&D field trial program in our research station in Aksu, Antalya (Turkey) and with external growers in other regions of Turkey (Alanya, Adana, Izmir mainly). For this position Hazera Seeds is seeking a professional, result oriented, and highly committed individual. You will be a member of the R&D Operation department reporting to theR&D Station manager in Turkey. You will have close interaction with the breeding teams in Israel and Netherlands, and with the local Turkish team (operation, product development). You will be based in our research station in Aksu, Antalya (Turkey).
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Actively execute all components of the R&D field trial plan, e.g. placement of trials, sowing, planting, find controls… etc.
· Carry out evaluation of trials (scoring)
· Support breeding team in plant selection and transfer, and/or seed cycle activities.
· Execute breeder trial plan following up protocol and Hazera R&D Operation working procedures
· Actively steer on field trial success and quality data, monitor and report on progress.
· Report periodically for season progress, flag issues and recommend resolution plans
· Train team for best practices according to work instruction, machines use, and verify their performance
· Implement high phytosanitary performance according to company and country regulations
· Assuring safe work conditions and execution
· Agricultural engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in GH and/or open field production
· Agronomical background/experience or field vegetable crop research.
· Proven experience in field trialing, including trial setup and field evaluations.
· Expertise in MS Office and data analysis.
· Adroitness with handheld field data collection, phenotyping devices.
· Ability and willingness to travel domestically
· Ability and willingness to work under variable environmental conditions associated with field trial work.
· English – Intermediate Level (Speaking, Reading, and Writing).
· Driver license.
· For male candidates – Military service done