QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
* Manage and support in development of CCPU teams to implement customs solutions for import, export and transit.
* Develop and implement Customs efficiency plans in alignment with DHL Strategy & programs
* Manage and Support the roll out of local and global systems. Identify local or regional better practice and evaluate for implementation. Especially, full implementation of all kind of simplified procedures and Express Carrier Customs procedures
* Target high performance, productivity and support teams via improvement plans with DHL Leadership Attributes
* Manage and support competitive clearance set-up to support the development of sales opportunities
* Developed a good relationship internally (All departments) as well as externally, Government Authorities and Trade bodies. Negotiate with customs for issues such as backlogs, response times, local procedural changes, and staff requirement.
* Interdepartmental communications are a necessity to establish and respond to customer needs. Particularly close co-ordination is needed with operations and all other related departments. Relations are must also be established with counterparts in the rest of the network.
* Set up and managed business policies and processes in logistics, ensuring that control mechanism is in line with internal audit standards and the requirement of governmental bodies
* Ensure that AEO standards are met in order to maintain AEO certificate.
* Re-organised work force to meet increased number of operations ensuring the team adapted to the changing business environment
* Ensure all the activities, and declarations are done as per Customs Law, legislation, and instructions. Develop processes depending on the daily change of Customs Legislations.
* Set up and manage re location for Customs and CCPU activities
* Ensure a system to submit and collection of correct duty&taxes to appropriate parties.
* Prepare and distribute reports such as CCPU and all related dept. performances.
* Set-up and administer a high quality countrywide and global communication system that will enable fastest information flow to and from CCPU.
* Very good command in English both written and spoken
* Minimum 2 years of leadership role
* Minimum 1 year in the current role at DHL
* Preferably have Customs knowledge or background
* High customer orientation
* Ability to remain flexible and calm in high pressure or continually changing situations
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills. Proven objection handling and negotiation skills
* Understanding of both operational and legal management aspects
“DPDHL is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity in the workplace.”