QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Indefinite, G band contract in British Council Turkey. It will be based in Ankara. Applicants must have the right to work in Turkey and speak fluent Turkish.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2020 (23:59 Central European Time)
This role is responsible for the end to end accounting process in the country, including month and year end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies. This is a supporting role in the Financial Controlling and Accounting process which is a key function in the new organisational structure emerging from the Financial Transparency recommendations.
The role will manage 1 accountant which is based in Ankara, Turkey.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
The post-holder will:
· Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month end process, being accountable to the Financial Controller for the pre-closing and month end closing steps, including maintenance of accounting records. As part of this the role will also be responsible for carrying out all accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Intercompany accounting, ensuring appropriate use of these in line with accounting rules.
· Assist with manual journals and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
· Assist with reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
· Ensure that local external accounting requirements are adhered to.
· Preparation of local Tax submissions and other statutory returns to Regional Financial Controller / Financial Controller for approval.
· Support in identifying issues and resolution in relation to financial accounting matters.
· Produce periodic reports relating to financial accounting for the operation as requested by Financial Controller.
· Complete Travel & Expenses audits as per policy addressing issues in a promptly manner.
· Supports Financial Controller with the creation of billing documents once the process has been initiated by the cluster / country operation.
· Support the process of Income in kind submissions including maintenance of supporting documentation.
· Responsible for provision of information to internal / external auditors.
· Assist in the implementation of audit recommendations.
· Responsible for ensuring integrity of cash collection process.
· Responsible for ensuring integrity of customers refund process.
· Ensure compliance with treasury policy.
· Manage fixed assets registrar (FAR) and reconciliation.
· Assist Financial Controller with budgeting/forecasting processes and monthly budget/forecast reviews
· Ensure the PO, GR/IR and invoice payment processes are realized smoothly. Periodically review if there are aged receivable/payable balances and take necessary actions.
· Responsible for keeping the Contract Registry up-to date and providing procurement and contracting support ensuring the process compliance with local and global legal requirements and tax policies and British Council requirements To ensure all Standard Journals (PIT, payroll and tax related) correctly and timely posted, to prepare and post TG and Annual leave provisions, accruals and other
· Ensure SAP transactions are in compliance with outsourced statutory transactions concerning the commercial entity.
Regional and Functional Team Working:
· Ensure Performance Management process in undertaken to meet corporate requirements.
· Contribute to ensuring the policies, procedures and systems are delivered with integrity.
· Work closely and effectively as part of the regional and global finance teams.
· Actively support equality and diversity and work to the British Council’s EDI policy at all times.
Regional Financial Accounting team
Regional FP&A team
Regional Risk and Compliance team
Shared Services Centre
Bank relationship manager
Country admin team
Country Customer Services team
Other important features or requirements of the job
Some travel may be required but is not expected to be significant
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of
age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds.
*** *** ***
Child Protection Strapline
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world.
The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989
*** *** ***