QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
This role will be responsible for supporting all ongoing purchasing activities on parts/components of driveline systems by identifying potential suppliers acc. to technical requirements, capability check with supplier visits, follow-up meetings with internal global partners and suppliers, release weekly progress report to purchasing manager. In addition to the purchasing process role, this position will be managing Strategic Procurement activities on corporate level, comprised by demand analysis, market analysis and investigation, selection of suppliers, conducting cost effective purchasing negotiations, supplier and contract management ofBase Studio , with involvement at an early stage and active participation in project feasibility phases.
What are my responsibilities?
· Plan, track and document periodically firm orders to organize all purchasing activities of direct materials.
· Supporting purchasing activities for the assigned parts in terms of quality, capacity, capability, cost and start of production time period at manufacturing.
· Initiate market investigation/screening to identify suppliers who are able to produce parts/components.
· Define and implement supply chain/sourcing concept in alignment with suppliers & internal global supplier to fulfil local requirements.
· Organize follow up meetings to track suppliers' progress closely with SQA (Supplier Quality Assurance) regarding parts manufacturing and quality process.
· Release periodically unit/cost report to Purchasing Manager in order to give updated status on all ongoing activities for the assigned components.
· Analyze and understand demands to create a basis for deciding on the optimum pooling and sourcing strategy.
· Define and implement pooling strategy and drive implementation of sourcing strategy in order to achieve the maximum profit contribution to the corporate targets.
· Undertake supplier management (jointly with partner functions, e.g. quality, logistics, etc.) in order to obtain the best suppliers and ensure an optimum supply chain.
· Define concepts for risk and contract management to avoid risk and warranty costs.
· Maintain intensive regular contact with internal/external interface partners in order to recognize developments (market, demand, etc.) and exert the appropriate influence.
· Interdisciplinary workgroup/project work to stay informed, exert influence, and optimize internal processes and procedures.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· You have an engineering background (Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering preferably)
· Max. 2-3 years of experience in R&D or Purchasing functions (Automotive/Defense industry companies.
· Awareness of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) system for defining and communicating engineering tolerances.
· Technical Project Management skills
· Commercial knowledge and Negotiations experience
· Good level of Communication (at different levels like government, management, suppliers etc.)
· Experience of moderating meetings with internal and external parties
· No restriction for travelling (domestic/abroad)
· Driving license (B)
· You are experienced in Microsoft office and possess technical understanding of relevant programmes for specifications/drawings
· You possessexcellent English skills both orally and in writing
What are we doing?
· BASE Studio develops innovative drive-train systems for off-highway vehicles. This is a unique value proposition for Turkey and BASE Studio is the very first company delivering this service starting from conceptual design, we are in charge of end-to-end product development process, also including production, test/validation and after sales service
· Engineering know-how is our greatest asset, which is supported by global experts
· In each step of the development process we are using state of the art engineering softwares and methods
What do we offer?
· Being a part of aggressively growing company
· Working in a positive and supportive entrepreneurial environment
· Rapid self-development opportunity through global experts
Continuous technical learning in suspension systems, manufacturing processes at the heart of automotive & defense industries.