QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JUNIOR BUYER ROLE
Do you desire to have a career experience with a large, highly successful, and prestigious North American-based international construction company? We are looking to hire a Junior Buyer to join our Istanbul Maslak procurement team, which is focused on supporting our company’s many international construction projects by sourcing Turkish and regional construction materials, products, equipment and services. This will be a fast paced and exciting role as we are determined to grow our business in Turkey significantly over the coming years.
The successful candidate will likely have a university Engineering or Business degree and be self-motivated and eager to be an integral part of our local business. This role will focus on traditional construction industry buyer tasks.
Required Competencies & Skills;
· Minimum 2 years of international operational construction industry buyer experience which could have been with an international construction or other relevant company;
· Fluent in spoken and written English (in addition to excellent Turkish language skills);
· Experience working with an ERP system buyer module;
· Good communication, organization, prioritization, and time management skills;
· Ability to analyze and evaluate situations and choose the best solution possible for the business;
· The candidate will need to demonstrate that he or she has similar values to those of our company based on ourGuiding Principles of:
Reputation – maintaining the company’s good name, our most important asset
Humility – be humble in all our dealings with our fellow man
Honesty – be honest and straight forward in all of our dealings with each other and with our clients
Outlook – we need to stay optimistic and keep our sense of humor in everything we do
Stewardship – when making a deal, always make sure the other party is taken care of - even if we hold all the cards
Relationship – make far more deposits of goodwill than unduly critical withdrawals in any business relationship
Passion – success is when we can achieve results in the things we are passionate about
Excellence – always under promise and over deliver when dealing with clients, bosses and employees
Responsibility – control expenses better than our competition and treat company dollars like our own
Teamwork – is amazing what we can accomplish together as a team as long as no one minds who gets the credit.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
· Responsible for World Wide Vendor sourcing, includes researching & evaluating Vendors;
· Carry out negotiations with Vendors to ensure that the best possible value outcome for both parties has been achieved;
· Prepare & execute Purchase Orders;
· Maintain daily communications with Job site Personnel;
· Ensure timely feedback to both internal & external Customers;
· Expedite Purchase Orders/Vendors delivery schedule, once they have been issued to the Vendors to ensure timely delivery;
· Payment processing support, including requesting new vendor setup in accounting software, confirming vendor banking details, and requesting payment process by submitting banking info, approved PO, invoice, etc.;
· Follow Company’s established business processes and assist in improving where appropriate;
· Must have flexibility with work hours in order to better accommodate business needs;
· One of the first requirements of the job is to become familiarized with Company’s Code of Business Conduct and ensure that it is followed in conducting all aspects of this job.