QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
We are currently looking for an MECHANICAL ENGINEER to join our Project Team with 2 years contract who will be responsible for;
• Plans, performs and manages design, modification and improvements to process and packaging lines, industrial services plant, equipment and infrastructure.
• Supports operations and industrial services to ensure high efficiency, quality and compliance. Assists in the budgeting and cost monitoring of mechanical installations of machine, equipment and industrial services. Identifies and drives energy and water saving opportunities.
• Preparing technical requirements for utilities and preparing utilities PI&D
• Design and Installation of piping revision for current installation to adapt new utilities
• Determine layout changes of existing utilities room to install new utilities with support of civil consultants, project team
• Contribute to design of civil projects mechanical works; rain water system, natural gas piping, waste water drainage system, fire hydrant network connection, air conditioning piping with support from designers, suppliers and factory industrial services
• Attends regular meeting with client, civil engineers and consultant to provide update on project progress
• Plans the execution of all mechanical related works and coordinates the works to electrical and civil groups
• Design of stainless steel jacketed piping route, draw PI&D according to project needs with production, technical and project teams.
• Select pump (food grade stainless steel gear pump), valves according to the product, its piping route and project capacity needs.
• Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems at site that may arise
• Plans the execution of all mechanical related works and coordinates the works to electrical, production and other related departments.
• Manage design of mechanical and industrial services, capacity, flow, piping; Compressed air, Hygienic air conditioners, reverse osmosis water system, Chilled water, Steam line
• Contribute to design of product piping flow, calculations, check specifications, P&ID and selections of appropriate equipment like; Blowers, pumps, dehumidifiers, dust collectors, pneumatic, vacuum conveying lines.
• Attends regular meeting with process experts, civil engineers and consultants to provide update on project progress.
Key Experiences and Competencies:
• Degree / Diploma in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical or Industrial engineering, or similar)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an international project environment context within which, projects were defined and budgeted, assessed and implemented (entire project life cycle)
• Capital Investment projects management in food industry
• Project planning (as per PMI definition) using MS Project, English very fluent
• Food processing plants and technologies experience is a plus (Maintenance and Utilities), food safety, hygienic engineering
• Self-Management following defined KPIs/Objectives, and proactively tracking them
• Leadership at the site works, committed to ensure an attitude of absolute intolerance for non-compliance, in relation to people and environment safety.
• SHE and QM Policies (ISO 14001/22000, OHSAS 18000). Site work permits policy and safety analysis
• Willingness to accept change and the ability to manage it. Continuous Improvement mindset.
• Persuasive, encouraging and motivating. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong written and oral communication skills
• Openness and curiosity for dynamic and future trends in technology, new business ideas and opportunities.